Take your class on a field trip to discover life at the pond in this Canadian Educational Video. Designed for Grades Kindergarten through to Grade 4 this Educational Video Program follows the antics of a 9-year-old boy and his 6-year-old sister as they discover what animals live in a pond, pond vegetation, wetland plants, pond organisms, microscopic pond life, pond life food chain and the important role ponds play in the overall Canadian environment and ecology. This colourful educational DVD is easy for young students to follow and includes captions for specific words for reinforcement.
Both children narrate throughout this educational video as they use a variety of home-made tools to inspect pond life, pond organisms and plant life. They explain how they fashioned their tools and how they use them. A beautiful original music score accompanies this enjoyable and easy to understand educational video. Film footage is exceptional including a kingfisher sequence, how frogs grow from eggs to tadpoles, a snake, minnows, water gliders, insects, ducks, lily pads and many other pond plants and other pond life animals.
Select this A Day At The Pond link to view the Government of British Columbia Natural Resources website. Select this educational video link to view Government of Ontario Pond and Wetland Informational Website.
A Day At The Pond - Educational Video Contents
In A Day At The Pond students learn the following information:
- Pond Animals
- Pond Habitats
- Wetlands and Wetland Plants
- Pond Organisms
- Pond Vegetation / Pond Plants
- What Animals Live In A Pond
- Life On The Pond Itself
- How Ponds Are Important To The Ecology
- Home-Made Tools To Explore A Pond
Playing time: 15 minutes
Grade Level: K to 5
Age Level: 5 to 11
PPR included (Public Performance Rights included)
A Day At The Pond is English Language Only Partially Captioned To Reinforce Key Words
A Day At The Pond, Educational Video is also available in these formats:
- DVD - $89.50 with public performance rights (PPR) for classroom, circulation, or group use
- Web Streaming From Our Server - 1 Year Home Use (no PPR - may not be used in classroom) - $15.90
- Web Streaming From Our Server - 1 to 5 Year School Use with PPR - Prices start at $20.00
- Digital Rights From Your Server - 1 to 5 year with PPR - we supply a copy of A Day At The Pond in the format of your choice for uploading to your server for unlimited use - prices start at $39.50
- Unlimited Duplication Master - we supply a master educational video in DVD format from which you may make as many copies of A Day At The Pond as you need
For complete pricing and catalogue order numbers for the above formats, please view A Day At The Pond educational video in our store, or call us at 1-800-221-9788, fax us at 1-888-796-1796 or fill out the contact form below and we can provide pricing for your needs. If you need a home use only DVD please contact us for pricing details.
If you need digital rights or web streaming rights for more than one title or for more than one school please contact us at 1-800-221-9788 for multiple titles or board pricing. Pricing is available for 1 to 5 year web streaming and digital rights annual contracts for school boards.
A Day At The Pond Contact / Quick Order Form
Related Educational Videos: